Sundays are for baking right? Easy and slow….
I love experimenting on Sundays. I made this blueberry loaf to celebrate our first thousand followers on Instagram. I was thrilled!!
- 100g of plain flour
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 125g of blueberries (wash and dry)
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 100g of butter
- 60g of caster sugar
- cream or ice cream to serve with (optional)
- thoroughly blend the butter and caster sugar before slowly adding the beaten eggs, nutmeg, baking powder and flour (you can alone mixture to stand for an hour or so)
- add the blueberries separately to avoid squashing them
- pour mixture into a bread tin and smooth out
- place in preheated oven and bake at 180C / 350F for 30 mins
- use a skewer to check that blueberry loaf has cooked through (usually golden brown when done)
- remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 mins
- gently remove blueberry loaf from bread tin and serve (ice cream or cream optional)
now brew that tea / coffee!